Jezik / Language:
22 January 2016

State Prosecution Witnesses Describe Abduction of Family Members from Train in Strpci

Albina Sorguc BIRN BiH Sarajevo
Three state prosecution witnesses described how family members of theirs traveling on a train from Belgrade were abducted in Strpci near Visegrad on February 27, 1993. They said that was the last time they were seen alive.
Luka Dragicevic, Boban and Petko Indjic, Obrad Poluga, Novak Poluga, Dragan Sekaric, Oliver Krsmanovic, Radojica Ristic, Vuk Ratkovic and Mica Jovicic have been charged with kidnapping 20 passengers from a train travelling from Belgrade to Bar on February 27, 1993. The victims were allegedly abducted from the railway station in Strpci and killed later in Visegrad.

According to the charges, Luka Dragicevic was the commander of the Second Podrinjska Light Infantry Brigade in Visegrad, Boban Indjic was the commander of the Interventions Company of the same brigade, while the other defendants were members of the Interventions Company or the First Company of the First Battalion of the Second Podrinjska Light Infantry Brigade.

State prosecution witness Ragib Licina said his brother Ilijas worked in Belgrade, and was travelling home by train on February 27, 1993. He said his brother disappeared for the next 23 years, until his remains were discovered.

“He was killed because these people, these bad people intercepted him, abducted him and took his life,” Licina said. He said his brother’s remains were found in Crni Potok, around 18 kilometers from the Drina river.

“I took his bones to Visoko,” Licina said.

Alija Kapetanovic said his 18 year old brother Esad was also travelling from Belgrade in 1993, and never made it to his home in Bijelo Polje.

According to Kapetanovic, the train was stopped in Strpci and the passengers were checked. Esad’s remains, Kapetanovic said, were never recovered.

Edin Bakija said his father Fehim worked in Belgrade in 1993 and was travelling on the same train to visit his family in Bijelo Polje in 1993.

“That February 27, 1993, that was his last trip. He travelled with that train all the time,” Bakija said. His father was never found.

The trial resumes on February 1.
comments powered by Disqus