Jezik / Language:
 
Share:
30-ahmici-victims-still-missing
16 April 2014
News

30 Ahmici Victims Still Missing

Kenan Kavazovic BIRN BiH Travnik

Twenty-one years after the crime in Ahmici village, near Vitez, where 116 Bosniak civilians were killed, the fate of 30 victims is still unknown.

“81 persons have been identified and buried so far. Five persons were identified recently. They will be buried soon. Thirty more people are still considered missing. The burial location of fifteen, out of the thirty victims, is not known at all,” said Elvedin Kermo of the “16th April" Association from Ahmici.

On the anniversary of this crime the Association submitted an appeal to their neighbours, in which they said that, “if they do not have the strength to say who killed those civilians and who the direct perpetrators were, they should at least say where the remaining victims were buried, so a decent funeral can be organised for them”.
The 21st anniversary of the crime committed by the Croatian Defence Council, HVO, will be marked in Stari Vitez, Ahmici and Donja Veceriska today and tomorrow.

In the attack on Ahmici village conducted on April 16, 1993 members of the HVO killed 116 civilians, the elderly, women, children and old people. The youngest victim was only three months old, while the oldest one was 82 years old.

The Hague Tribunal has sentenced five former HVO members for the crime in Ahmici, while the Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina has sentenced Pasko Ljubicic to 10 years in prison.
Share:
comments powered by Disqus

In this article

Cities