Jezik / Language:
 
Share:
search-for-bojadzic
5 June 2014
News

Search for Bojadzic

Amer Jahic BIRN BiH Sarajevo
Testifying at the trial for crimes in Jablanica, a Defence witness says that he was not able to get in touch with Nihad Bojadzic in late July 1993.
Semsudin Halebic, former Assistant Commander of the Municipal Headquarters of the Territorial Defence in Jablanica, said that indictee Bojadzic was involved in an exchange and that he was tasked with helping in some way.
 
He said that, for that reason, he called the Base of the “Zulfikar” Unit of the Army of Bosnia and Herzegovina, ABiH, whose Deputy Commander was Bojadzic, and spoke to one of the soldiers.

“He told me that Nihad was not there. He said that he was at a forward command outpost. He did not specify which one,” the witness said.

The Defence presented the witness with a document issued on July 26, 1993, authorizing Bojadzic to conduct an exchange of a captured member of the Croatian Defence Council, HVO, for a member of the Fourth Corps of ABiH. Defence attorney Vasvija Vidovic said that the document was sent by the Headquarters of the Supreme Command of ABiH to the forward command outpost in Zenica.

Witness Halebic said that he tried to get in touch with Bojadzic one or two days after that date. He said that he only saw the indictee in late August 1993 and that he told him that he had been on Mount Igman.  

“This was the first time I saw him with beard and long hair,” he said.

State Prosecution witnesses have said that they did not notice any special features on Bojadzic’s face.

Bojadzic, who was allegedly accompanied by another man, is charged with having taken two female prisoners from “The Battle of Neretva” Museum in Jablanica in the evening on July 28, 1993. The indictment alleges that Bojadzic raped one of the detainees, while the other man raped the other one.

Defence witness Jasmin Dzelmo said that, in his capacity as military policeman with the Fourth Corps, he guarded some buildings in Jablanica, including the Museum. As he said, military policemen were in charge of captured HVO members, who were held in the Museum basement premises. Also, he said that they kept records of all events.

He said that he had never heard nor read that Bojadzic participated in any incidents involving those prisoners.

Witness Nehru Manjusak told the Court that members of the Red Cross were accommodated in his house and that they often visited the Museum and spoke to the detainees.
 
As he said, he had not heard any bad words about Bojadzic from those people. On one occasion they told him that Bojadzic and Zulfikar Alispago saved some Croat children from Grabovica.

The trial of Bojadzic, who is also charged with other crimes committed in Jablanica, is due to continue on June 12.

Related Articles

26 May 2014
News

Bojadzic’s State of Shock

22 May 2014
News

No Complaints about Bojadzic

Share:
comments powered by Disqus